Thank you for showing interest in UBC PSSJ! Please remember to read the Editorial Policies and Guide to Authors carefully before writing or submitting a manuscript. Links to the website, Editorial Policies and Guide to Authors can be found at the bottom and on the right side of the page, as well as on our home page on the right sidebar.
UBC PSSJ uses the Online Journal System (OJS) to keep track of submitted articles, therefore we require authors to register with OJS and create a profile before submitting.
Registering with OJS:
- Go to the OJS website here
- Click on “Register” at the top of the page
- Fill in the required information; you will need to create a username and password to remember, as well as supplying some other information about yourself. At the bottom of the page where you are asked what to register as, please be sure to check the “Author” box as this will register you in the system as an author, not just a reader.
- At any time you can log back onto your profile and edit your information such as your affiliations and email.
Submitting an article on the OJS website:
- Log onto your OJS profile OR create one from the steps listed above, and remain signed in.
- Click on the “Start a New Submission” link and follow the prompts.
- Note that besides uploading your manuscript, you are required to upload a Cover Letter as well. This form can be found here and under Authors in the Important Document tab on the website.
- When it comes to uploading your manuscript, please remove all author identifiers from the document including the authorship of the file itself. This ensures that the peer reviewers are appropriately blinded from the document when they review it. You can do this in Windows by opening Windows Explorer, clicking on your file and deleting the “Author” field visible at the bottom of the window. If this is not done by you, it will be done by the Editors when reading your manuscript.